Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happiness Happens

It's been too long since I've blogged and let me tell you something... I've seen plenty of movies since my last entry. Perhaps, I'll play catch-up... now that the sunny side of summer is turning into the fabulous feeling of fall. Now, THAT'S a coming attraction! Until then, I will write about something I grabbed from "Love Happens" starring Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart. (Though this blog is not about critiquing films, I will say that what's to come is the only thing I took away from the film, except for maybe what remained of my medium Coke). In the movie, Aaron's character tells the group attending his Tony Robbins-esque seminar that "Happiness is a state of mind". It really is, isn't it? Let's face it. Life is not always fun or easy or as we planned... and the great pitcher of life continues to throw us curveballs... but that's what life is all about. Dealing with whatever comes our way, learning, growing, not making the same mistakes twice, becoming stronger, taking the worst of the worst and turning it into something positive - it can be next to impossible sometimes, but it's part of what makes life so interesting. If you are having the most wretched day of your life, month of your life, year of your life, sulking won't solve your problems. It'll only make you feel worse. You need to acknowledge that you're down in the dumps, figure out why and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Only YOU can make yourself happy. I guess this would be the most appropriate time to bring up a song from... you guessed it... a movie! It's from Monty Python's "Life of Brian". Remember it? "Always look on the bright side of life. If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten! And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing." I'm not some lunatic telling you to dance and sing in the streets (though it really does make you feel better!)... but get rid of that baditude and laugh your way through life. Let's start now. Ba ha ha ha BA HA HA HA HA!!! Feels good, doesn't it? Now, keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. An insightfull post. Will definitely help.


    Thanks,
    Karim - Creating Power

    ReplyDelete